Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Super Bowl Treats



It's Super Bowl Sunday! 
I thought I'd make you some treats too! 


"I am not sure what a Super Bowl is, but I
will take the treats!!!"


Add wheat flour, pumpkin, peanut butter,
and eggs to a bowl.


Have a little taste of peanut butter.  I know
it's your favorite.  "You're right!"


"I wonder how big a Super Bowl is
and how many treats you can fit in it?"


Whisk all ingredients together to form a dough.


Roll out dough and cut out shapes.
I attempted to cut out football shapes.


"Nice work."


"Let me guess...I have to wait, right?"


Yep, they have to cook for 40 minutes.


"I can smell them.  I hope they are done!"


"I heard a ding...
 are they done, are they done?"


They have to cool first.


"Finally!"


"Those are lip lickin' good!"


A bowl full of footballs ready for the Super Bowl.
"That doesn't look like a Super Bowl to me???"



Here is the full recipe:
2 1/2 cups wheat flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 T. natural peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Whisk together all ingredients to form a dough.  Roll out dough on wax paper and cut into shapes.  Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes.  Cool.  Serve.  Store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

  1. Those treats look better then some of the treats I made for the super bowl... Also Jenny is hilarious:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She still doesn't get what a Super Bowl is. Oh well!

      Delete