Saturday, February 23, 2013

Frosted Pumpkin Cookies

I was making cinnamon rolls for
me and my husband, so Jenny was pouting.
Since the dough needed to rise for an hour, I
decided to make her some treats while I waited.


Jenny, would you like some frosted pumpkin treats!?


"You read my mind!"


We need to mix flour, pumpkin, peanut butter,
and eggs all together. (I had to add some water too.)
"Did you say peanut butter?!"


Mix until you form a dough...


If the spoon doesn't seem to be doing the job,
just use your hands!  (Mine kind of looks like
Thing from the Addams Family!)


Then roll out dough about 3/4" thick.


Cut dough into shapes and place on cookie sheet.
"Can I have a sample?"


"Why do I always have to wait till they bake?"


"This is torture."


While the cookies bake, I will make the frosting.


"What's frosting!?  Sounds delicious!" 


It's really simple.  Just mix pumpkin and
cream cheese together in the mixer.


It should look like this.


Here you can have a taste.
"mmmm"


"Back to my post."


They need to cool before they are frosted.
Of course you'll probably get a little taste of
unfrosted cookie because of that face!  I can't resist.


After they cool, they are ready to be frosted.


Place in a container and store in the refrigerator.
"I need one first!"


Enjoy!


If you look closely on the floor you will
see frosting smudges.  These are messy cookies,
just wanted to warn you in case you have carpet!
If your dogs are anything like Jenny, the smudges
don't last long on the floor.  She cleans them right up!

Here is the full recipe:
Cookies:
2 1/2 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup pumpkin
2 T. peanut butter
2 eggs
water

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until dough forms.  Roll the dough out to about 3/4" thick and cut into shapes.  Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a 325 degree oven for 40 minutes.  Let cool and then frost.

Frosting:
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/4 cup pumpkin
Mix in a mixer until well blended.
Store frosted cookies in the refrigerator.






3 comments:

  1. If you frost one with dead fish, I will be a very happy Fitzbeagle! Mommy never gives me any dead fish, so I have to roll in them.

    Love, Fitzroy

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Then they make me take a bath. Yuck!

    Love, Fitzroy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fitzroy,
      I feel your pain. I try to hide when my mommy wants to give me a bath. It never works though.
      Baths are the worst!
      Love,
      Jenny

      Delete