Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cheddar Applesauce Biscuits

"I just came in from outside.  I could use
some nice homemade dog treats to warm me up!"


How about some Cheddar Applesauce Biscuits?


"I think that will do."


This is what we need.


Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
"YUM!"


Add water a little at a time until dough forms.
"I like dough."


Roll out dough with plastic wrap on top.


"Are they almost done?"


Cut into shapes and place on a lined cookie sheet.


Bake 30 minutes.


"Are they done yet?"


"Please be done, please be done."


They are done now, but they need to cool.
"Are you kidding me!?"


"They're right there, can't I just have one?"


"I hate waiting."


Here you go.  Hope they were worth the wait.
"MMMMMM!"


"More, please."


Here is the recipe:
2 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 T. olive oil
water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Add water a tablespoon at a time until
dough forms.  Roll out on a floured surface with plastic wrap on top of dough.  Cut out biscuits and place on
a lined cookie sheet.  Reroll scraps and continue cutting out biscuits.  Bake for 30 minutes until nicely browned and firm.  Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like another great treat for Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, that sounds like a great treat for ME! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confession...I tried a little piece and I wouldn't recommend them for human consumption. Not too tasty for my taste buds! :)

      Delete
  3. Love it Miranda!! I am going to try out a recipe today: )

    ReplyDelete
  4. The treats look GREAT!!!!! My family are going to try and make these treats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try making them at home, let us know if there is anything you would change or if you liked the recipe.

      Delete
  5. MMMM those treats sure do look really good Jenny:) Sometimes I wish that I was Jenny:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Jenny didn't scarf them all down she could share...but they aren't too tasty to me. ;)

      Delete
  6. My grandpuppy is adorable and so photogenic and such a good actress. The treats look good enough for my other grandkids to eat... :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves her Grandma Monie! Thanks for the compliments, but she wants everyone to know that she is not acting; it's all genuine! At least I think. ;)

      Delete