Sunday, February 10, 2013

Carob Valentine's Cookies

"What did you say?"

This week is Valentine's Day!


"So, that means treats???"


That's right! 
Here are the ingredients we need.


First mix all the dry ingredients together.


After mixing the egg, water, and honey in
the mixer, slowly add the dry ingredients.


Place dough ball on a floured surface.
"Those smell good!"


Roll out dough and cut into shapes.


Place on a lined cookie sheet.


Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
"I wonder if my tongue will fit through this crack?"


I love your Valentine collar, Jenny.


"Those look so yummy."


How about we play with your toy to keep
your mind off of the oven?


Are you ignoring me?


"I'm concentrating."


She is good at concentrating
when it comes to food!


"It dinged, it dinged! They're done!"


They are done, but you know you have to
wait until they cool before you can eat them.


Poor thing.


I left the room and came back
and she was still waiting.


Be my Valentine!


"Tasty!"


Here is the full recipe:
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup carob powder
1 T. flax seed
1 egg
1/2 cup water
1 T. honey

In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients.  Set aside.  In a mixing bowl beat together the egg, water, and honey.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time.  Mix until a stiff dough forms.  Roll out dough on a floured surface.  Cut into shapes and place onto a lined cookie sheet.  Bake in a 300 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.

8 comments:

  1. Awwww Jenny is so cute!!! My family and I loves to see what jenny is going to say next:) Sorry Jenny we haven't been around for a while we've been really busy. We've missed you Jenny:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We appreciate you taking the time to read our blog.

      Delete
  2. These valentine treats are so cute and so is Jenny. Everyone needs to follow this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad people think Jenny is as cute as I do!

      Delete
  4. Jenny is so talented. I want to make the sweet treats for buster.

    ReplyDelete