Saturday, March 2, 2013

Basic Biscuits

It's a lazy Saturday.  (Those eyes are spooky!)
"Can we make some treats?"


I haven't been to the store, but let's go see
what we can come up with.


I found some basic ingredients.  Let's make
Basic Biscuits!


"Biscuits sound good!"


Knead all ingredients together to form a dough.


"Must have dough."


Roll out dough to about a 1/2 inch.
"Dough, please."


Cut into shapes and place on a lined cookie sheet.
"I don't think she can hear me.  I need some dough!"


Sorry, Jenny.  These need to go
in the oven for 30 minutes.


"It's really not fair."


"Has it been long enough?"


"My ear is flipped so I don't miss hearing the timer go off!"


"Wow.  I can hear really well like this.
I think I can hear them baking!"


As soon as they cool a little you can have one.


"Naaarmm mmmm"


"Hey...I didn't get the whole thing."


"Excuse me.  Can I please have another?"


"Are you going to blog this?"


Here is the full recipe.
2 1/2 cups wheat flour
1 tsp. or less of salt
1 egg
3/4 cup beef broth (or a little more)

Mix all ingredients together and knead for a few minutes until it forms a dough.  You may have to add broth if it is too dry.  Then roll out to about 1/2 inch thick.  Cut into shapes and place on a lined cookie sheet.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.  Let cool completely before storing.

No comments:

Post a Comment