Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sweet Potato Treats


"This plate is empty.  I need a treat!"


How about Sweet Potato Treats?


"Yes, please!"


These are the Ingredients we need.


Empty egg cartons make fun toys!


"Empty!?"


Mash about a cup of baked sweet potato
in a bowl.


"I wish I could taste some."


Here you go.


You've got some on your nose.


"Slurp!"


Then add flour, applesauce, and eggs
to sweet potato.


Stir until it forms into a ball of dough.
"Maybe she'll spill some."


Turn dough out onto a floured surface.


Roll dough to about 1/2 inch thick.


Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
You could also use a pizza cutter to
cut into strips if you prefer.


"I like the shapes."


Place cut out dough onto an
ungreased cookie sheet.


"I bet they have to go in the oven."


Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.


"Thought so.  Wish I didn't have to wait."


"Pathetic, aren't I?"


Cool on cookie sheet.
"I had to lay down."


"I wonder if all dogs have it this rough?"


Store in an airtight container.


She's licking her lips so it is a little blurry.
"I love my life!"


"Now if I could only reach the counter."



Here is the full recipe:
1 baked sweet potato
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup unsweetend applesauce
2 eggs

Heat sweet potato in microwave until tender.  Scoop out about a cup of sweet potato and mash in bowl.
Mix flour, applesauce, and eggs in a large bowl with the sweet potato until a dough forms.  Turn dough
out onto a well-floured surface and roll dough to about 1/2 inch thick.  Cut out shapes using a cookie
cutter or cut dough into strips with a pizza cutter.  Arrange cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake until crisp about 30 to 40 minutes.  Cool on pan.  Store in an airtight container.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Jenny is so entertaining!! I am loving these posts even though I don't have a dog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love that you love reading them! Thank you.

      Delete