Sunday, January 20, 2013

Peanut Butter & Applesauce Biscuits

"I just had a dream about peanut butter!"


"Let me see if I can still taste the peanut
butter that used to be in this bone."


Jenny!  I'm going to make some peanut
butter and applesauce biscuits!

"My dreams have come true!"


You just mix flour, peanut butter, applesauce,
and oats together in a bowl.
"I can smell the sweet peanut butter aroma!"


"Can you put some on my tongue?"


"This mixing process is taking a long time.
I guess I should try to relax."


Place dough on a well floured surface.


Roll dough out to about 1/4 inch thick.


Cut shapes out of dough and place
on a lined cookie sheet.


"Please drop one."


Place in oven for 25 minutes.
"I don't know how long that is, but
I will sit here until I hear that timer ding."


Let cool before serving.


"They don't have to cool...I love warm
peanut butter!!!"


"So close, yet so far away."


Enjoy!


I'll let you have two since you waited so long.


"I wonder what dreams will come true tomorrow?!"



Here is the full recipe:
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups oats
1 cup peanut butter (natural)
1 cup unsweetened applesauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients stirring until they are well mixed and ready for kneading.
Knead the dough on a well floured surface.  If the mixture is too dry and crumbly add a teaspoon of olive oil
to the mix.  Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness then cut into shapes and place on a lined cookie
sheet.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Let cool before serving and store in an airtight container.

5 comments:

  1. So glad that Jenny's dream came true!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...she sure was happy. She drools like a leaky faucet when the peanut butter comes out of the pantry!

      Delete
  2. That's so cute:) We are al glad that Jenny's dream was able to come true so quickly!!! we love to see what you are going to make next!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these treats are super cute Miranda!!!!! I love Jenny:)

    ReplyDelete