Saturday, March 9, 2013

Crunchy Microwave Donuts

"I'm hungry"


OK.  We can make Crunchy Microwave Donuts.
These are especially nice for those of you out there
who 1) are in a hurry 2) do not like to bake
3) do not have an oven.


Whisk the egg and broth together.
"Sniff, sniff, sniff!"


Slowly stir in flour and oats.


Stir until it turns into a dough ball.
"The taste tester is here!"


To make a donut shape you don't need a
fancy donut cutter.  I used a juice glass
and an apple corer.


"Hey, I would like to see if those taste right."


Then place donuts in a microwave safe dish.
"She's not listening to me."


Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes. 
Turn over and cook for an additional 30 secs
to 1 minute.  If they are hard they are done.
Don't leave them in too long they will burn and
stink up your entire house!  I speak from experience!!
"Sniff, Sniff, Sniff!"


"Hope I can eat those soon!"


"They're done! They're done!"


Here you go.  This one is cool.
"Oh, boy! Oh, boy!"


Now let's cook the donut holes!
"Sounds good to me!"


Cook these for 2 minutes then flip and cook
for an additional minute or until hard.


Yummy donuts and donut holes just for you!
"I love my life!"


Here is the full recipe:
2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup chicken or beef broth
1 egg
3 T. oats

Whisk the egg and broth together in a large bowl.  Slowly stir in flour and oats until it forms a dough.  Roll out dough on a floured surface to about 1/2" thick.  Cut out donut shapes.  Place on a microwave safe dish and cook.  (Donuts: 5 to 6 minutes  Holes: 3 minutes)
Cool and store.
Hint:  The holes are a good size for medium to small dogs.  The donuts are pretty big...better for larger dogs. Although Jenny didn't complain about them being too big. 

No comments:

Post a Comment