Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Oat & Apple Cookies

"Hmm.  I think I hear my tummy growling."


"I sure could use a treat."


Jenny, I think I'm going to make some
Oat & Apple Cookies.


"She must have heard my tummy growl too."


First, mix the apples, cheese, honey, water, and eggs.
"So far they sound yummy."


Next, mix the flour and oats.
"I need food! The growling is getting louder."


After it's mixed well, roll it into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
"Blah, Blah, Blah, I need a taste already!"


"They smell so good I can taste them!"


Then smash each ball with a fork.
"Or smash one into my mouth???"


In the oven for 20 minutes.
"Please bake fast...I can't wait any longer!"


Let them cool before serving.
"I'll take the risk, please feed me one!"


"Naaarrmm."


"I think I'm going to need several more to stop
this growling tummy."


"She must not have heard me...she only
gave me one!"


Here is the recipe!
1 cup oat flour
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup chopped apple
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 T. honey
1 egg
1/3 cup water

Mix the apple, cheese, honey, egg, and water together in a bowl.  Then, mix in the two flours and oats.  Mix well then form the the dough into small balls and place on a cookie sheet.  Press each ball with a fork to flatten.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until bottoms of cookies look golden brown.  Cool. Store in an airtight container.

1 comment:

  1. As always just too cute. I think Uncle Silas needs some of these treats we need to get Papa busy making them. Love you Jenny and Mommy too. Monie

    ReplyDelete