Wednesday, July 3, 2013

4th of July Cheesy Stars

Jenny, tomorrow is the 4th of July!
"Uh, OK."


That's a great reason to make some treats!
Here is what we need.


"Did you say...treats!?!"


Just mix cheese, milk, and flour together.
"I love cheese."


Then turn the dough out onto a floured surface.
"Dough is one of my favorite words."


Then roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
"Excuse me, I think I need to taste test."


Then place the cutouts onto a lined cookie sheet.
Don't the stars go well with the 4th of July flowers?
"Um, I never got my taste."


They have to bake first.  It should take 10 to 15 minutes.
"Of course."


While we wait let's have a look at that
4th of July collar!


"There's no time for that...I heard the timer go off!"


You're right, but they need to cool.
"You're testing my patience aren't you?"


OK. Here you go.
"Finally."


These 4th of July Cheesy Stars look pretty good.


"I wish I could have some more."



Here is the recipe:
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour (I used oat flour)

Mix all ingredients until they form a dough.  Roll out on a floured surface and cut into desired shapes.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes.  Cool.  Store in the refrigerator.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for the Fourth! I hope you like fireworks. Mommy says my brother Ferguson HATED them and would run away. I just go under the covers.

    Love, Fitzroy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny barks at them sometimes but isn't too bothered. Hope u had a great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking pretty good on the 4th Jenny. Love you and your Mommy so much. Monie

    ReplyDelete